Meet your friends from the engineering team
Your Hiring Manager
Drew Stokes is a Portland-based engineering manager who is…”stoked” to help everyone be successful at Jeli. He believes effective teams are built on a solid foundation of trust, and that empowering people to make decisions is a key element in creating an engaging and fulfilling environment. Check out more on his management philosophy through his personal readme.
At Jeli, we’re helping our customers learn more from incidents (it’s kind of our whole thing). We believe the software industry is primed for a significant shift in how we approach incident analysis. So our product is built to push beyond the state-of-the-art by making it possible for our customers to find clear insights and actionable recommendations in their incident and alert data. And eventually, the shift will happen across the industry.
Jeli is looking for a backend software engineer to join our small, tightly-knit engineering team. You’ll enjoy influencing the direction of the look, feel and accessibility of the Jeli experience while working closely with a remote-first team spread across the United States.
- Proficiency with Python or an equivalent interpreted programming language.
- Experience developing and orchestrating service deployments with Docker.
- Proven track record of writing clear, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and their operational best practices.
- Familiarity developing and deploying cloud infrastructure as code with Terraform.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Familiarity with operating software in production AWS environments.
- Experience developing data pipelines that integrate with third-party systems.
- Informed opinions about the value of incidents and how to learn from them.
- An abiding curiosity in how to build and operate software effectively, and a bias for action.